Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Month of Giving Thanks

So the past three Novembers I have participated in a month of giving thanks on Facebook. I enjoy the time to reflect on the important things in life and on the simple things we tend to overlook. I thought it would be nice to put them all together in one place to reflect on.You can view 2012 & 2011 here.


Day 1: I am thankful that one way or another God always helps us make ends meet. We are by no means wealthy, but we have never had to know what it is like to be without. 

Day 2: I am thankful for my most wonderful husband. I married him because of his kind heart, and after two kids I've gotten to see it triple.

Day 3, While I sit here with a stomach bug I'm pretty sure Big A gave me, I feel blessed that we have never had to battle real illness. I am thankful for my health, and the health of my family

Day 4, since I spent most the day in bed, I would have to say today I am thankful for a warm bed and a roof over our head.  

Day 5, thankful for this beautiful fall weather, I can't remember the last time there was this much color in the leaves.
      
Day 6, I'm thankful I am not Santa, because the way Big A is going with his list that big jolly soul is gonna have a lot of explaining to do come Christmas day

Day 7, I'm thankful for my children. They have made my heart grow bigger than i ever thought possible, they make me laugh, and be silly, and remember the joy in little things, and most importantly while I am working to make them the best they can be, they are making me a better person.

Day 8, I'm thankful for the weekend!   

Day 9, thankful for good friends. Had a great day spending time with several we hadn't seen in awhile. 

Day 10, thankful for Sunday family days. Love just hanging out and working on the yard. Seems like we always get recharged and ready to face the week. We let Little Au toddle around the yard more today, so I'm also pretty thankful Big A didn't run her over with his tractor. 

Day 11, I am thankful to my dad, and many other family and friends who have served in our military to protect the freedom of a country most people take for granted. Thank you to all our serviceman and their families for your bravery, sacrifice, and humility. 

Day 12, I am thankful for where I am from. I just finished reading French Kids Eat Everything and towards the end of the book when the family is leaving France their extended family discusses the term Terroir which can be very loosely translated as "a sense of place," which is embodied in certain characteristic qualities, the sum of the effects that the local environment has had on foods; wines, cheeses and others. Basically telling them that even though they are leaving, France will always be a part if who they are. I really loved this concept. That although I am far from where I grew up, it is still a part of me, embodied in me. And I am thankful for the person it has made me.

Day 13, after a two day cold snap, i am very thankful for heat. I am thankful we are fortunate enough to afford the many simple luxuries some sadly have to go without.

Day 14, while I'm thinking about him on his birthday, i can't go without saying how thankful i am for my father. He has taught me the value of hard work and making sure I put my full effort into every task. He also taught me how to shoot straight and always have confidence in myself. Love you so much dad

Day 15, I'm thankful I actually bought gas before it went up. That never happens! 

Day 16 &17, although the windy rainy morning probably wasn't ideal for a lot of the deer Hunters I am thankful for the beautiful weather mid November. It warmed up enough today we probably could have turned on the AC, we opted to just open the windows 

Day 18, I am thankful we were spared of all the terrible storms. Prayers for the families in all the Midwest with damage and loss. In unrelated news...Big A and hubby will no longer be performing wind dances. 

  
Day 19, thankful for each day. They are hectic and crazy and stressful, but I get to end each one with my three favorite people and I couldn't ask for anything more. 
 
Day 20: I'm thankful that my job is so close to my house, I love being able to come home during my lunch break and catch up on a few things

Day 21, I'm thankful for warm coffee in the morning, some times the simple pleasures make all the difference 

Day 22, thankful for safe travels  

Day 23, thankful that hubby got a deer, so we can restock our freezer 

Day 24, thankful for wonderful time spent with family. But also have to send a shout out to Shanda for giving is a jump start when we died at the gas station! Always nice to randomly run in to an old friend! 

Day 25, thankful for left over pumpkin pie...mmmm 

Day 26, I know it sounds lame but I'm thankful for this social network. I'm thankful that our family can see what is going on in our kids lives much more frequently. our visits are limited and we never see all the people we want, it's nice to be able to catch so many people up at once. I know everyone says social networking has made us a world where no one interacts face to face anymore, but I have lots of cousins, aunts and in laws that we'd maybe only get a chance to see once or twice a year that we can now see what is happening with them all year long, and for that I am very thankful. 

Day 27, thankful for a four day weekend!!

Day 28, thankful for a day spent in our jammies just enjoying being together. celebrating a week early means today we just got to relax. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you were able to spend it with those you love.

Day 29, while it is no fun to have a sick boy I am thankful he is sick on a day I already had off work. And thankful he was feeling better tonight.

After giving 30 days of thanks, on this final day of thanks I have to give the utmost gratitude to our Lord and savior. I have been blessed beyond measure and am thankful for His guidance and support.    
 

No comments: